Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's all about moderation!

During the holiday season there seems to be an over-abundance of baked goodies everywhere I go. Yes, even naturopaths indulge on occassion. During this time of year I try to be even more diligent with the majority of my meals, knowing that my sugar intake is a little higher at the moment. I use lunch as a great opportunity to get my veggies - I make a yummy salad to bring to work daily, and throw some lean protein on there for added energy (usually in the form of beans or raw nuts/seeds). I also have a high fiber, whole grain cereal for breakfast (with soy milk) which keeps my insulin steady until lunch. As a naturopath, I believe that giving my body what it needs 90% of the time takes the guilt out of the holiday indulgences!

Dr. Anna Falkowski
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
Barrie, ON
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: