Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday lunch & dinner

Yesterday my fridge looked barren, but I managed to create some good meals for the family.
For lunch, I wanted to do a salad but had no lettuce of any type BUT I had a head of red cabbage. I shredded the cabbage, diced 1/3 of an onion, grated 2 carrots and added a few shredded brocolli florets. For the dressing I used Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of agave syrup. Mixed it all up and served with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds and a small handful of dried chowmein noodles for a little crunch (kids love this).

For dinner I had some frozen salmon steaks which I cooked on the frying pan with olive oil, garlic, orange juice and soy sauce - the liquid cooked off and the salmon had a nice glaze. I diced a turnip and boiled it in saled water. Drain and serve with a pat of butter or flax oil. I roasted some potatoes with garlic and olive oil, oregano and salt & pepper.
For dessert the kids ate frozen blueberries which we all picked this summer at Barrie hill farms. They really love this frozen treat!

Two wonderful and healthy meals with not option in the fridge!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: