Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Nesting Phase

I know it's been a little while since the last blog, but I've had lots on my plate in the last month! I'm currently 2 weeks away from my due date and having been working hard to finish up projects, check in with patients, prepare for my home birth, and of course -trying to sell our home! Yes things are a little 'hectic' and stressful to say the least! It's not something I would recommend people take on all at the same time, that's for sure!
It's funny how during this time your natural instincts still can take over and create a 'nesting phase' in preparation for life's big change - the addition of a new member to the family! Yes, I have been cleaning, organizing, cooking, making lists, and stock piling on everything (both at the clinic and at home)!
Should our plan work out, this would be our third home birth, so you would think we'd have it all figured out by now, but I have learned over the years that birth is one of those things that can't quite be predicted - each one is different, just like the child! We only hope to have a safe and healthy delivery, whatever that means for us, and however the plan unfolds (my husband has been reminding me of this).
Anyway, for those that need to contact me, I will be at the clinic until the end of next week (Friday Jan. 29) and then I will be taking a few weeks off with the baby until April. The clinic of course is still open for business with Dr. Sarah and our RMT's maintaining their busy schedules! Should you need supplements, Renata will be happy to help you during our regular office hours!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND.
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Vitality for Life is an integrative health clinic in Barrie, Ontario. We offer the services of a Naturopathic Doctor, Chiropractor and massage therapists.

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: