Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Amazing dessert...and Healthy too!

Ok all you ice cream lovers, this ones for you. When I saw this recipe in 'Best Health' magazine I didn't believe it but I thought I'd try it. I gave away my magazine before I had a chance to write down the exact measurements, but it turned out amazing. Here is what I did:

-Cut up 3 ripe banana into large chunks and freeze
-take out the bananas and put into a food processor
-add approximately 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup almond milk (or coconut milk or other substitute), and a couple tablespoons or maple syrup or agave syrup.
-blend until smooth and serve.

This tastes just like a rich chocolate ice cream with a hint of banana. I am going to try different variations next time, like adding strawberries or blueberries. This dessert will satisfy the biggest skeptic!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND.
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Vitality for Life is an integrative health clinic in Barrie, Ontario. We offer the services of a Naturopathic Doctor, Chiropractor and massage therapists.
Follow us on facebook
Follow us on Twitter: @NaturoDoctor

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: