Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread

This is the pumpkin loaf I made from the roasted pumpkins (see Facebook posting for details). I had to adjust the recipes I found and sort or went with what I had, but here is roughly what I used:

Gluten-free Pumpkin Loaf
1 cup coconut flour
3 cups gluten free flour blend
1  cups  brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger or pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
2 organic free-range eggs, beaten
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon vanilla

Place in 2 parchment lined loaf pans. sprinkle with seeds of your choice (I used pumpkin). Bake at 350 for 1 hr. Delicious!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think really nice design for this bread.I think this food is very testy.

New vitality