Sunday, March 24, 2013

Throwing together a (CLEAN) meal!

My next few posts will be mostly food related with pictures and recipes of meals we've made recently that have been great enough to share! Sometimes I wonder why i'm grabbing my camera every time I put a dish together, but I'm realizing that I'm inspired by food, cooking and clean eating. This should be a cornerstone for good health for everyone, and that is why my Naturopathic blog sometimes feels like a food blog - it's THAT important!! Food create a hormonal and chemical cascade in out bodies, and when the diet is off, so is everything else! Your best assurance at good health is eating simple, REAL foods at least 80% of the time! Find out what will motivate you to get back into the kitchen, try new recipes, and challenge yourself to make it healthier! For me, I surround myself by people and resources that have the same passion about Clean Eating as I do - a simple strategy is to follow those people on Facebook or Blogs - each day when I open my page I'm flooded with great new ideas and recipes that I'm excited to try.

Ok, so the last week or so we've been really diligent with cleaning up our diets and incorporating a little 'detox' as spring arrives! One of the wonderful benefits of tackling a cleanse is that you are forced to explore new foods and create new recipes with ingredients you may otherwise not have tried. Here's one sample dinner that we made earlier in the week:

Brown and Wild Rice with a little coconut oil and peas

A simple avocado and tomato salad topped with chopped onion, lemon juice and salt and pepper - Delicious!


Stirfry - saute a diced onion and red pepper in Olive Oil until soft and translucent. Add baby bok choy and white navy beans, salt and pepper. Saute until bok choy wilts (3-4 min). Grate 2-3 cloves garlic into the pan and heat through. Serve with the rice and side of avocado/tomato salad.

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: