Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fun Kitchen Tools!

Ok I'll admit I'm a bit of a kitchen gadget geek. I like to try different things when preparing food - some I consider 'essentials' but some I'll admit are just 'fun'. When you spend a lot of time meal-planning or preparing food for the family I think it's important to do whatever it takes to stay motivated or to make food prep easier. So my new tool is something I've been eyeing for a while now, and I finally got to try it . It's a 'spiralizer'. This tool turns vegetables such as sweet potato, zucchini, cucumber, carrot, beet and turnips into long strands OR ribbons (depending on your blade). You can enjoy a grain-free pasta this way, or eat the food raw in a beautiful salad. This picture is one of the first things I tried - a simple carrot and apple salad. The kids loved how long and 'slinky' the carrots were, which made them more motivated to eat them (another bonus). I also make fantastic curly sweet potato fries using this tool. It's day 1 owning this new gadget and it's definitely a hit.

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: