Thursday, January 22, 2015

My Current Favorite Pantry Staples!

I'm a little obsessed with these two items at the moment. Sometimes when we get bored with our flavors it's nice to experiment with something a little different:
1. Smoked Paprika
I've been adding this to things like soups, hummus, guacamole, dips and eggs. It gives the food a depth of flavor that is very different. It's changed the taste of my hummus for the better, and last night I added it to Black Bean Soup - heavenly

2. Wakame Flakes
We know that we don't get enough sea vegetables in our diets (which are a great source of iodine for our thyroid glands), nor do we get enough minerals. This simple addition adds both. I throw 1-2 tbsp of these flakes into all my broths/soups (which adds a mild saltiness and rich flavor), pasta sauces and quinoa salads. Nobody notices, which means my kids are eating it up without knowing. Wonderful!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I use kombu. Is that just as good as wakame flakes?