Monday, January 19, 2009

Moksha Yoga...hot hot hot

I'm a little behind with my posts, but I have wanted to share with you my recent experience with Moksha yoga. When I was living in Toronto as a naturopathic student I used to do this form of yoga on a regular basis, but since moving to Barrie, I haven't had the opportunity to continue (the closest studio is in Vaughn). Recently however my good friend and neighbour Terri Ann and I have made a commitment to try to get a class in once a week. We made our first trip last week and boy was it worth it! It's 90 min of an amazing yogo workout in a HOT room. You are drenched with sweat by the end and have an incredible feeling of peace (I actually felt that I burned off all the adrenaline that is normally coursing through my veins!). This style of yoga is excellent for most people, however it's extremely beneficial for individuals with poor circulation, those that are perpetually cold and as an adjunct to a naturopathic detox program. It's been worth the commute to Vaughn!

Dr. Anna Falkowski
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
Barrie, ON
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: