Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Barrie's Biggest Loser

Last week I had the privilege of speaking to the contestants of Barrie's Biggest Loser Challenge. It was great to see a group of individuals that are commited to making a change in their health and in their life. I spoke about the benefits of a naturopathic,whole foods diet, and bringing our diet back to 'nature'. I encouraged everyone to simplify their diets, make more foods from scratch, and go back to basics (whole grains, veggies, beans, fruit etc). We discussed some of my favorites (green tea, beans, fish oil supplements), and talked about what to re-stock their cupboards with, to create a more naturopathic diet. I was really pleased with the questions they had for me regarding flax seeds, soy milk and dairy (an often touchy subject!). I really enjoying sharing my knowledge of nutrition, and I hope it has made a difference for some of the contestants!

Dr. Anna Falkowski
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
Barrie, ON
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: