Friday, January 15, 2010

Detox Day 12 – Am I done yet?

Today wasn’t fun in terms of the cleanse. I definitely was feeling ‘done’. Being this close to the end I feel like I want to race to the ‘finish’ line, but the days of course are just as long! It’s just that monotonous feeling of not being able to enjoy the old favorites, especially since we’re starting the weekend. I’m feeling mentally tired, like I don’t want to think about it anymore, and just unwind. My husband is great at cheering us on, and today he mentioned that there’s only 2 more days and it’s no big deal. I guess he’s right!
You may be feeling that way as well, so don’t be discouraged. It’s normal, and old habits die hard. For me, being away from the house and out with a friend took me out of routine, which can cause a problem for people. I was in Toronto longer than expected and was starving – the nuts and fruit are great as a snack, but not as a lunch! I should have brought more food or came back home earlier.

Breakfast – Mediclear smoothie (mango, strawberry, water). Green Tea. Rice-millet cereal with almond milk
Snack – raw almonds and pecans. Banana. Green tea. Caramel Rooibos tea (it sounds decadent, but it’s not when you don’t put anything in it!).
Lunch – Rice tortilla with hummus, spinach, onion, orange peppers. Small bowl of black bean soup.
Snack – peppermint tea
Dinner – Halibut, mashed sweet potato, peas
Snack – chamomile tea

I feel like I may have a cold coming on, so I’ll be going to bed early tonight – I’m feeling worn down. I’ll also be garling with salt water, loading up on vitamin C and zinc and doing my botanical tincture. Hopefully I’ll wake up healthy!



Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: