Friday, January 8, 2010

Detox Day 5 – Busy day, a true test

Today was somewhat crazy for me – I felt like I was on the go from the moment I got up until the evening. It’s a challenging day to be on a cleanse, but it was fine in the end.
Breakfast – mediclear shake with mango, strawberries and almond milk. I worked out shortly after – 37 min on the treadmill, mid-intensity walk/run, 520 cal burned.
I ate oatmeal with pecans and raisins shortly after my workout, and then took the kids to the pool, which is exhausting at this age (especially in the winter!).
Lunch – black bean soup from yesterday, veggies and hummus. Finally a green tea!
Dentist appointment, then a cup of vanilla rooibos with almond milk
Dinner – 2nd Mediclear shake, then real food - brown rice with a curry. Sautee 1 onion, 2 minced garlics, 1 tbsp curry. Add 1 head of cauliflower florets, 1 cup water, I can coconut milk, 1 cup red lentils and Bragg’s seasoning to taste. Cook until cauliflower is soft and lentils are cooked and add 1 cup frozen peas and a large handful of baby spinach. Cook a few more minutes until heated through. Really tasty!
I had some papaya and berries for dessert. We ate dinner early tonight, so I may make some guacamole with rice crackers as a snack this evening, and peppermint tea.
Today my stomach felt the effects of having so many bean products – this is something I usually advise patient to work up to, or it can become painful. Peppermint tea helps!
Ok, off to unwind!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: